نوع مقاله : مقاله علمی - پژوهشی
1 استادیار گروه حقوق دانشگاه شهید مدنی آذربایجان
2 دانش آموختۀ کارشناسی ارشد حقوق بین الملل دانشگاه علامه طباطبائی
عنوان مقاله [English]
The topic of minorities rights is one of the blatant manifestations of human rights, which has been considered by the national and international legal systems. Protection of minorities rights is to be done in legislative form and through the legal documents and non-legislative form. A comparative analogy between the substance of the UN Declaration on Persons belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities (1992) and the Iranian Charter on Citizens' Rights (2016) as non-obligatory documents, may picture the panorama of the minorities rights in the two mentioned systems. The comparison reveals that the Charter coincided with the international standards mentioned in the declaration through considering particularly the non-discrimination principle, cultural participation and diversity mentioned in the declaration. It should be mentioned that the Charter has not considered some affirmative obligations of the government in protecting the survival of minorities and non-considering the prohibition and punishment of the minority rights activists. Still the Charter is much more developed than the declaration in some fields like considering the prohibition of hatred speech. The noticeable compatibility of the Charter substance with the declaration reveals that the Charter is implicitly impressed by the declaration.
14. Alam, Aftab, (2015 (, »Minority Rights under International Law«, Journal of the Indian Law Institute, vol. 57, No. 3, p.376-400.
16. ECMI, (European Centre for Minority Issues), 2013, »Communities in Kosovo: A guidebook for professionals working with communities in Kosovo«.
17. Gagliardone, Iginio and Others, (2015), » Countering Online Hate Speech«, UNESCO.
18. Jabareen, Yousef T., (2012), » Redefining Minority Rights: Successes and Shortcomings of the U.N. Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples«, University of California, Davis, Vol. 18:1, p.119-161.
19. Kovačević, Dragana, (2011), » International Minority Protection System«, Ethnicity Research Center, Belgrade, p.1-13.
20. Kugelmann, Dieter, (2007), »The protection of minorities and indigenous peoples respecting cultural diversity«, Max Planck yearbook of united nation law, vol.11, p.233-263.
23. Mcgonagle, T., (2008), »Minority Rights and Freedom of Expression: A Dynamic Interface«, Ph.D Thesiss, University Of Amsterdam.
24. Mendel, Toby, (2010), » Hate Speech Rules under International Law«, Executive Director, centre for Law and Democracy.
27. Papoutsi, Emilia, (2014), »Minorities under International Law: How protected they are? «, Journal of Social Welfare and Human Rights, Vol. 2, No. 1, p.305-345.
31. Thornberry, Patrick, (2012), »Some Controversies in the Drafting of the Declaration: A Personal Recollection«, presentation delivered in the occasion of the 5th session of the UN forum on minority issues.
32. UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), (1998) ,»Minority Rights«, Fact Sheet, No.18 (Rev.1)